Thursday, February 18, 2010

Long Time, No Blog!

So, I'm not the best at consistently updating my blog. A lot has happened since November! I survived finals week and had a nice, relaxing Christmas break at home with my family. While the entire state of Oklahoma was getting hammered by a blizzard on Christmas Eve, I was in McCurtain County... you know, that little corner of Oklahoma that was completely untouched by the white stuff? Yeah. That's where I come from. So no white Christmas for me. :( BUT I did get to experience a white New Year's! This is only because I went to Tulsa. Instead of the snow coming to me, I came to the snow. Pathetic... I know. However, it was for a good reason. I sang in two weddings over the course of the break, one was in Poteau and the other in Tulsa. I thought since there would probably be more to do in Tulsa for New Year's Eve than at home, I would go and spend the week of the wedding there. It was so much fun! And the best part was that there was plenty of snow left on the ground for me to enjoy... and even more came down while I was there! It was glorious!
After the break came to an end, I started a brand new semester of grad school. (One semester down, four to go!) This semester has been notorious in the OUHSC SLP program to be the most challenging. I was absolutely dreading going back. I was thinking that the Fall semester I had just managed to survive was challenging enough. Now we had to add an extra class and an extra patient in clinic. Wow. It seemed pretty impossible... but now that it's well underway and the first round of tests is over, I'm feeling good. I hope this feeling continues to linger for the rest of the semester... haha! I just found out that for my second Spring rotation, I will be going back to the Language Preschool. (My first rotation of grad school was this preschool.) I am actually really excited! I really love working with preschoolers. Surely it'll be even better now that I know what I am doing! So school is again my life, and the girls in the program are becoming great friends of mine. I see them more than my roommates! They will all make fabulous SLPs in another 3 semesters. :)
That's pretty much my life now. School. *sigh* Oh and I have also made some new acquaintances at church and have been socializing in many new environments when I have the chance. God continues to bless my life even though I am not deserving. I do serious damage to His work by trying to do my own, and that's something I'm working on. It is only by His grace that I am where I am. Even though I'm usually stressed out, worrying about everything, or complaining about life, I need to remember that I am SO incredibly lucky to get to live it! I have been given the chance to do something great for the rest of my life, I have wonderful people in my life who support me, and an amazing journey ahead of me... and I'm not going to take any of it for granted. :)

When my world is shaking, heaven stands
When my heart is breaking
I never leave Your hands
Your hands that shaped the world
Are holding me
They hold me still


PS: I LOVE song lyrics and quotes. Don't be surprised when you find them randomly slapped here and there! This one is an amazing song from JJ Heller. (It's on my playlist below!) Enjoy. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones