Sunday, November 29, 2009

Let It Snow, Let It Snow, Let It Snow...(Please!)

Thanksgiving Break could not have come at a better time. It has been so nice to just relax and breathe! It's been a while since I've done that... really done that. However, now it is time to begin the transition into finals. Lots of projects and presentations are due, along with clinical progress reports. It makes me cringe a little to think about all of that, but at the same time, I am excited for another break to get here! (A much longer one!)
It's hard to believe that it's Christmas time again. I feel kind of like a Scrooge this year because I refuse to listen to Christmas music when it's 70 degrees outside. It just isn't right! Driving back from home yesterday I realized that all the radio stations have converted over to playing Christmas songs, and I eventually put my own music on to avoid listening to songs about about snow and other forms of cold weather. It makes me unbelievably sad that I cannot experience the real "essence" of the holiday season. I can't even wear cute scarves and hats yet! Maybe Mr. Winter will make his arrival soon. Scrooge or not, I am still excited for Christmas and a bit more relaxation time! I do have a plethora of events lined up for the break as well, though. But they are all fun things, nothing to stress about. :)
In other news, my roommate is officially engaged! I am super excited for her, although part of me will always wish that none of us would grow up and we could all live happily and carefree ever after. Since that won't exactly be the case, I am looking forward to seeing how all of our lives in the "real world" turn out. I don't know if I really believe in happily ever after anyway. It's a nice thought, but God never promised us that life would be happy all the time. He promised us that He would go with us as we walk through it. (Thankfully!) My heart wants to believe in that fairy tale ending, but I guess we'll just have to wait and see. I'm assuming my life is far from over. In fact, I feel like it's really just beginning...

No comments:

Post a Comment


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones